Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dinner and a Beetle!

I am pleased to advise that the beetle is free; free and alive! According to Byron, “he is off to find his mummy” What a relief, no tears plus I feel like I have done my bit for nature.

Moving on, I just returned from a night out for dinner with my besty. I know its Tuesday but at the moment I am finding that weeknights are the only time I get to really just hang out, no strings attached, without kids. Trevor is home so no babysitter required which allows me an opportunity to just pop out and see some friends if only for a few hours.

Anyway, dinner was nice but the purpose, aside from just catching up, was to give her her very belated (yes I am extremely slack *bows head in disgrace*) wedding gift – only 1 year late. I wanted to do something special (not just money) and had a lot in mind but never got around to actually doing it. I had a brand new baby at the time of the wedding - that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Lucky for me, she loved the beautiful photo book I made her, full of pre wedding photos and stuff. She said it was worth the long year wait but just not to take that long with her 30th birthday.

Speaking of weddings and stuff, it is Trevor and my 5th year anniversary on Friday. I can’t believe it has been 5 years already. We were going to go out for dinner but alas Trevor has to work on Saturday morning which doesn’t make for a good night out so we have decided to give it a miss. Plus, there is also the issue of babysitting! So, until such times as we can go out and let loose i.e. get the kids baby sat, the celebrations won't be terribly exciting. My sister’s bathroom is getting ripped out starting Saturday so she can’t really do it and there really isn’t anyone else to ask (mum won’t ‘do’ Saturdays and the IL’s watch the kids a bit so it isn’t right to ask them again). Oh well...the joys of having children!

No comments: