Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Father's Day!

I know I know it’s a tad late. It’s just that I have been a little busy.

In cutting straight to the chase...

Sunday was a lovely day. Trevor got to sleep in but only until 8am because I decided it was time to go out for breakfast. We didn’t venture too far – just to Sizzlers. I like it there for breakfast because Byron eats for free and there is more variety for him to eat (read – more of a chance to get him to eat something) plus there are loads of ‘other’ children there so it doesn’t matter if they are a little bit louder and prouder if you know what I mean. On Sunday, we introduced him to the world of Cocco Pops (yes I’m terrible – he is nearly 4 and yet to taste the delectable breakfast that is Cocco Pops). It goes without saying that he was impressed. According to him it was “a treat breakfast”. Needless to say he went right back to porridge for breakfast on Monday.

Anyway, back to Father’s day. On my recent trip to Melbourne I found a shirt that is exactly the same as a shirt Trevor has so I couldn’t resist the purchase. Byron has been itching to wear ‘daddy’s shirt’ since I got back. Sunday seemed like the perfect day for Byron and Trevor to don the shirt together, which is exactly what they did.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Don’t they just look smashingly handsome??

After breakfast, we came home and just hung out. Trevor and I lay on the trampoline while Byron played construction and Lily slept. Silly me forgot to give Trevor his kindy present Byron made so it was a case of better late then never. I love the kindy gifts as does Trevor. Lily made him a mug with her priceless scribbles and Byron made him a wooden door hanging which says ‘dad’s shed’ – too cute!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the afternoon I headed around to my sister’s place to have a little BBQ with my dad.

All in all it was a wonderful day.

Hmmm I think it's time Trev gets himself a haircut. He is beginning to look a little like Elvis!

No comments: