Friday, September 14, 2007

My little lady!

Lily is developing many of those little girl or feminine traits. She likes to brush her hair, pat her baby, kiss the baby, pop her shoes on and off and so forth.

Lily simply adores having her hair brushed. We don’t brush it often because, lets face it, there really isn’t a whole lot to brush. I usually brush it with my brush after I have done mine (if she is around) all the while saying “we’re brushing Lily’s hair”. She beams with delight, with a smile from ear to ear.

We usually brush Lily’s teeth while she is in the bath. I give her the toothbrush and she chews away. I say to her “brush your teeth Lily” at which point, without fail, she removes the toothbrush from her mouth and tries to brush her hair with it. She hasn’t yet mastered the concept that you can brush both your teeth and your hair – however, you need to use a different brush to do so. It really is priceless.

She is developing a keen understanding of clothes and shoes. The other day she had a pair of pants on her lap whilst sitting on her change table. I turned around to grab the shirt to find her holding the pants on her head as if she was trying to put them on. When I grab her shoes, ready to put on her feet, she lifts her foot in anticipation or if she can, she grabs a shoe and puts it up to her feet.

Speaking of shoes, I just love my havaianas thongs…I can’t be without them. So, when I found these absolutely adorable little tiny baby havaianas, I had to have them (whilst some would say I didn’t HAVE to have them, I would say stop me!). They are simply the cutest *sigh*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Just changing pitches away from gilry things, I have to mention how much Lily loves birds. She points away and says ‘bir” whenever she sees them flying around. They transfix her...it is truly amazing. They told me at kindy today that they get a lot of birds hanging around and all the littlies love to toddle to the windows and stand there watching the birds.

No comments: