Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The All Clear

I don’t think I mentioned as I was waiting for the results, but Lily had a further follow up ultrasound for her hydronephrosis a week ago. I was a little worried about my prospects of keeping a ‘want to be active’ baby lying still on the bed for 15 minutes while they performed the ultrasound.

Me and my wisdom decided a nice big bottle of milk would do the trick and that it did. She was a little champ until the bottle ran out. Thankfully, she sucked it dry at the closing stages of the ultrasound.

The sonographer had told me that he thought the right side appeared normal; however, he advised the left side still appear dilated but nothing significant.

I finally got the results from the paediatrician today. It’s all good news. The paediatrician confirmed the right side as normal and advised the left side was better then it was previously in that it wasn't as dilated. It is still dilated but nothing to cause to much concern. So, it means, we can definitely stay off the antibiotics, which is fantastic.

All we need to do now in relation to the hydronephrosis is take her back in 6 months for another review!

*sigh*

1 comment:

MrsPfeiff said...

Hey Nic, I'm really glad Lily has the all clear. Lots of love to you lot xxx