Monday, November 05, 2007

Miss Independent

I left it for as long as I could. I didn’t want to have to succumb to the mess that is a baby feeding themselves.

Honestly though, I don’t know why I left it that long. She has the knack. She is a natural. No mess. No throwing of food (which is something I should have suspected Lily wouldn’t take part in – she loves her food to much to waste it). She can feed herself no dramas. She has great control over her spoon and never misses that mouth of hers. Apart from the odd ‘drip’ off the spoon she is clean.

I love that little bit of freedom I get now that she can feed herself. I especially notice it at breakfast – I can now eat my breakfast at the same time. It’s like I have gained another 15 minutes in the morning.

There are the occasional down sides to her feeding herself. Firstly, she is slow – very slow which isn’t the best when you are in a hurry. Secondly, she has delighted in this new found independence, so much so that she will only let me feed her when she has a spoon in her hand. There is no turning back now…

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Little Miss Independent has just discovered walking – she is walking everywhere. On Sunday, she discovered how to stand up on her own which is a step in the road out of babyville into toddlerville. It was the last reaming hurdle to her walking – standing up unaided. Over the last 2 days since she has discovered her new found talent, she is walking more and crawling less.

I am trying not to be sad about her new found independence – it’s a good thing right!?

My baby girl is growing before my eyes.

2 comments:

Kylie Jansen said...

Oh Nic, that is so cute! So clever Lily :)

MrsPfeiff said...

OMG Nic, she is just adorable. I want to eat her up!! She's so clever and looks so pleased with herself.

I wish Harry could come and play with her!!

Karen xxx