Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fifteen whole months!

I shudder at the thought of the next 15 months going as fast as the past 15 months have gone. The thought of my baby girl (yes baby…I can’t deal with her being a toddler just yet – give me a few more months) growing up before my eyes is surreal.

I see newborns around the place and think Lily was that small once but alas, that was many, many months ago now – all but a distant memory.

She is definitely developing her own little intricacies. She loves to walk and wander around the place. She is getting really good at it too. Crawling kind of died once she realised she could stand up unaided. It’s been about 3 weeks since then and she hasn’t looked back. She still walks with her hands in the air for balance but slowly they are becoming less obvious. She can’t quite run or anything yet but she is getting faster and more confident every day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


She is my buddha baby; a solid little thing. I haven’t had her weighed for a while but she would be up there around 11kgs I think. She has the cutest little pot belly and round chubby face. Yesterday Trev commented that she isn’t losing any of her weight and should we be worried. Typical male comment! Umm hellooooo she’s only been walking 3 weeks! I couldn’t care less about her chub…in fact I love it.

Her hair is getting thicker but not longer. I’m looking forward to putting it up in pigtails and clips but for now I’ll just make the most of manageable hair that requires no maintenance. I’m sure I’ll be wishing for that in a year or two.

I know I have mentioned before that Byron was never really a ‘toy’ kid. He had heaps of toys but wasn’t and still to a certain degree, is not overly fussed by them. Lily on the other hand loves them. She loves to roam from toy to toy and she plays with everything. She takes an interest in almost every toy she happens to find around the place, including Byron’s toy cars and his wooden blocks. It’s a new thing for me…the way it’s supposed to be with kids. I really love playing with her.

On reading, she is getting much better. I have taken to reading her 3 to 4 books a night whilst she drinks her bottle and we sit together on the rocking chair. I think she’s enjoying it much more then she did – or at least she sits through books which is much more then she was doing a few weeks ago!

I know she is growing up fast and the baby years are slowly drifting into the abyss. I know she is nearly there in toddlerville. I know it. I just can’t quite accept it yet. I was reading that when children learn to walk, they are called toddlers. It is the time between infancy and childhood when a child learns and grows in many ways. She has only been walking a few weeks so I need just a little more time before I can employ that term.

I need more time with my whittle baby…my whittle buddha baby.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: