Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bubbles, Balls & Birds

One of my most favourite things to do is soak it up in a nice warm bubble bath (even in the middle of summer). I just love them; I’ve always had a soft spot for the ol’ bath. It’s the one thing I’m looking forward to most in the new house – my big bath!

Anyway, I think Lily has taken after me. She just loves her bath but even more she loves the bubbles. At first she wasn’t too fond of them; didn’t like the texture and hated the feeling on her face. Now it’s a thing of the past - she loves them. When she sees the bath full of bubbles she comes charging all the while chanting “baaools, baaooles”. The cheeky bugger tries with all her might to get them out of the bath, which includes trying to climb in with clothes on and all.

She loves to put them all over her hands and face. Byron meanwhile thinks the bubbles are all his and positively cracks it when they are taken from his side of the bath –(we’re working on it).

Lily seems to be attracted to all things ’B’. Not only does she love her “baaools” she loves balls (‘borss’), blocks (still undecipherable) and birds (‘bers’). And then there is Byron. She hasn’t quite mastered his name yet; it’s rather undecipherable and different every time. I can’t wait to see what spin she puts on it. I’m sure it will be adorable.

Lily is coming along nicely with her communication skills. For the most part I thoroughly understand my cheeky little miss. She isn’t as communicative as Byron was in terms of her verbal skills but never the less, she has her own style which is delightful in everyway – right down to the way she screws up her nose in disgust. Awwwhhhh she is beautiful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi kid balls and birds pour your haert out love.

dad

Nicole said...

Thanks Dad...you're so kind.

xx