Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wooohooo!!!

We have progress. More progress. Not a huge amount, but progress all the same. I’m delighted.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(See the wood???? Progress!!!)

I spoke to the builder today and he said they have earmarked tomorrow and Friday to do the foundations/footings so long as it doesn’t rain. According to him they will not dig trenches if there is a chance they will fill up with water. So, I’m praying we don’t get much rain and/or storms for the next few weeks.

If all goes to plan (read: no rain) on Tuesday they hope to do the plumbing and electrical work and *drum roll* they have booked the concreters to lay the slab on Thursday the 29th.

Things seem to be moving along now....one step closer. Wooohooo!!!

In other good news, we got our car back today. Three weeks after the dear bus driver took her bus on a bit of a detour into...ummm...a few parked cars! There were some dilemmas with the excess. The repairer rang and informed me they had not received authority to waive the excess so there would be a fee when we pick it up. Needless to say I wasn’t impressed at all. Five phone calls later (and a claims officer telling me, an insurance lawyer, that people – meaning me – some times don’t understand the insurance process! *cough* *cough* I soon put him in his place) things were sorted.

I’m impressed with the car. It looks great – nice and shiny. I must say, if there is anything good to come out of this, it’s the lovely cut, polish and detail - inside and out - my car received. It smells delicious except for the paint.

In other not so good news, it seems Lily has a mild case of hand, foot and mouth but I'll save that interesting news for tomorrow. I don't want to spoil the wooohooo factor of today!

No comments: