Monday, November 12, 2007

Damn Rain!

Rain - it’s officially the excuse for why my house hasn’t yet started.

I drove down on Saturday with Byron (It’s a little thing we do together) and could have burst into tears at the sight of my now overgrown lot. I really did expect to go there and see some excavation work, even though knowing the rain we have had of late would have impeded on any progress.

Speaking of rain...I can’t believe we have been in a drought all this time; on water restrictions and it rains on and off right when they want to get started on my house. What are the odds? It's still raining and drizzling.

Anyway, after the sight of my lot I came home and despite trying to restrain myself, I rang the builder. I just vented my frustrations at 6 weeks of nothing and then come Christmas it would be another 4 weeks of nothing. He seemed accommodating just saying, “love…it’s the rain. I only got 2 slabs done last week. I’m behind with all my jobs”. Look I know it’s the rain. I’m not an idiot. I’m just frustrated with 8 months of nothing. When I asked him about what would be done by Christmas he said “you’ll have the slab by Christmas”.

*sigh*

I am feeling so irritated with life at the moment (don’t ask me why) and well, this is just another frustrating step.

The frustration continues...

Lily dropped my mobile phone on Saturday - yes I know she shouldn't have had it and that’s what Trevor told me a million times. She smashed the LCD part of the screen in the phone. All that appears is a black screen with a couple of lightening bolt cracks. No way of seeing any numbers or anything on the phone. It was pretty much unusable unless someone rang me.

I took the phone back to get repaired. It is covered under warranty if they determine it was a manufacturer’s fault (somehow I don't think that will be the case) and I have got a loan phone for now. Mind you, I have no numbers or anything in my new loan phone - I feel naked! I wonder how much I will be up for to fix my phone. More money no doubt - I guess it is just a question of how much.

*sigh* - There seems to have been a lot of these of late.

No comments: