Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another cake…

I think I’m obsessed. I may be in need of some ice-a-cake anonymous therapy. What are your thoughts?

I confess I love the satisfying feeling that comes with seeing the finished product. I love it. I think I’m good at it (by amateur standards - no expert of course). Ok, so I don’t particularly love seeing the kitchen in disarray; mixing bowls strewn everywhere; an array of coloured icing all over my hands, clothes and face. I could probably do without the sore feet that come with standing barefoot on tiles for an extended period. Then there’s the sore back that comes from bending at an awkward position. Hmmmm, the extra calories that come with ‘mandatory’ testing to ensure the cake mixture/icing is just so, probably aren't needed.

I could do with out ‘all of the above’ but then there would be no cake. No cake for me to sit back and ooohhhh over. No Nicole masterpiece. I do love seeing it take shape. I love Trevor telling me how good it is – “that looks great babe”. I love Byron’s expressions when he first sees it which, of it self is evidence that I have done something right…it must look like what it’s supposed to!?

Today we had a Christmas dinner at my sister’s place. I volunteered (as I did for my mother’s group party) to bring the cake. Any excuse. Given I made a Christmas tree cake two weeks ago I thought I would try Santa. I thought he turned out pretty good – the effect was there and he seemed to be a hit for dinner. You’ve gotta be happy with that!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's it for a while. No more birthdays on the horizon. No more special events to write home about. I might start thinking about what I can make for Lily's 2nd birthday in 8 months time. Geepers! Only 8 months to go!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It's gorgeous!!