Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Perfect Performance

Yesterday Byron had his first ever little concert – his kinda dance performance.

I had known about the little performance for nearly two months and had made sure, that in between my busy working week, I didn’t miss it. I took the whole day off and geez it was worth it. I couldn’t wipe the smile of my face. Watching him do (or tyring to do) a pirouette with pointed toes was absolutely priceless. All the littlies were delightful.

I loved how one of the little kids just stood there in the line, chewing his fingers doing nothing – off with the pixies. I loved how some of them had no clue what they were really doing (I think Byron was in that category) but yet had smiles as wide as could be, indicative of sheer enjoyment. I loved how the kids wouldn’t take their eyes of the teacher making sure they didn’t miss a beat.

His little show went for half an hour and comprised of 5 little songs. I loved the ballet and the 'never smile at a crocodile' song but my overall favourite was the love song - '1, 4, 3, 2 say I love you', I had happy tears along with all the other gushing mothers (and fathers) in the audience.

Watching my kid up there giving it a go is the best thing ever. He was such a cutie pie. I was gushing with joy and to a great extent still am (I have watched the little video of the performance on my computer no less then 5 times). I’m so looking forward to all the fun events the future holds with me as spectator and my kids as the stars.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can just imagine Byron with his big bright eyes and his big smile proudly "doing his thing" knowing his beautiful mummy was in the crowd watching him.

Precious memories ~ often come from the smallest things.

Glad you got a day off work chickadee - goodness knows you need the break from time to time... only 2 more days... bet you can't wait!