Monday, December 24, 2007

The Perfect Wrapping

Do you ever get the warm fuzzies inside when you see a present wrapped just so? As odd as that might sound, it is the case for me. To me the perfect finish for the perfect gift ends with the wrapping. I simply can not understand why one would go to all the effort of selecting the perfect gift just to wrap it haphazardly. It doesn’t make sense.

I have a strong affiliation for bows and ribbons (I have to place one on all the gifts that go under the tree - however Santa doesn’t do bows) and beautiful paper which makes the job of creating the perfectly wrapped present so much easier. Plus, I have inherited the ‘wrapper’ gene from my mother who I must say is the BESTEST present wrapper in the world. She puts just as much thought into her presentation as she does for the gift which speaks highly for her because her gifts are always perfect!

I cannot do the gift wrapping in store (except maybe David Jones or Myer at a stretch). I prefer to spend the time to wrap my present in my style. I really look forward to that at Christmas.

Like I said, my mother puts so much effort into her presentation and I guess I just wanted her to know I see it; relish it; and appreciate it all!

(I told you she was good!!! The above is only but a snippet.)


(...my effort!)

No comments: