Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's all over!

I am one of those people who prefers the tree, and all accompanying Christmas paraphernalia, come down pretty much straight after Christmas. If I had the time I would probably take the tree down on Christmas night.

I love Christmas when it’s here but when it’s over I don’t need any reminding of it so I prefer to get all associated stuff out of the way as soon as possible. Today it all went. I would have taken it down yesterday, Boxing Day, but alas the shops were too accommodating for my liking. Plus removing the tree is something I prefer to do when the children aren’t around.

So today was the day. It’s all over for another year. That’s it!

In other exciting news…I think I might have mentioned the TV hit the wall a month or so ago. We were hoping it would have lasted until we moved but no such luck – it officially died on Christmas Day! We ended up going to get another one today despite really not having the money for it (25 months interest free was inviting…although we only needed four months! We’ll be paying it off when we sell and move into the new house). I guess if it’s any consolation we got a great deal being sale time and all. Trevor is wrapped with it, our first Plasma. In our circle of friends we were one of the last to make it there so much so that one of Trevor’s mates commented, “welcome to the 50” club mate!”. Can’t understand why we waited. It’s awesome. Now I just have to find the time to watch some movies. Hmmm that will require less computer time which may be difficult. How will I manage!??

No comments: