Sunday, December 09, 2007

When did it arrive?

The last few weeks have flown by in such a flurry I have no idea where the months have gone. I simply cannot believe that Christmas is only two weeks away. If truth be told, I did know it was well on the way, having put up my Christmas tree in late November. The thing is, when I put up my Christmas tree it was still 5 weeks until Christmas and now it’s two!

In two weeks I’ll have to manage to work fulltime in the busiest of working weeks (everybody wants everything now – before Christmas). I’ll have to do the remaining of my Christmas shopping – hmmm I don’t think ‘remaining’ is the right word since that would denote I have done most of my shopping which is a lie. I’ll have to get in the Christmas spirit some more because it seems a little bit low at the moment. I need to get a Santa photo with the kids (I did get one earlier but I’m not a big fan). Then there are the parties and functions to attend, in between normal life.

*sigh*

We had our mother’s group party today which was a blast. I really do love my mother’s group – they are a fantastic bunch of ladies and the babies (or should I say toddlers) are the cutest around town. They still include me in all the things and events even though I don’t get to go very often, if at all (fingers crossed that will change in the New Year). They also make an effort with Byron too which is wonderful as I'm the only one with two children in the group.

We had a big feast and the children each got one present, worth $50 – one parent got one child to buy for. Lily got a dolly set and a pink chatter phone. Byron got a big construction set, following which he so aptly said “Santa doesn’t need to bring me one of these now because I already got one”. I was on cake duty for the party. I volunteered for that role. I was a little disheartened when all the birthday duties were over for the year that I was just dying to make another. I made a Christmas tree and was pretty happy with the result if I do say so myself.

...Now to enjoy what's left of the silly season.

No comments: