Thursday, December 20, 2007

Frame Stage...complete!

We have a frame!

*happy dance*

I can hardly believe that we've made it this far. It feels like it has taken an eternity to get to this point (although it probably hasn't in comparison to others). It’s such a relief to get to this stage before the Christmas break (if truth be told I just wanted to have something to visit on my Christmas break – a slab was no where near as much fun).

We have had the frame part for a good week now but they were waiting on the trusses to arrive. I’m pleased to advise they arrived yesterday. So now, we have a framed house complete with roof.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It’s rather exciting walking around the place imagining your family living there; your furniture placed just so. Seeing it on paper is completely different to walking through walls. My soon to be brother-in-law nabbed some plaster’s chalk from another house being built and drew in furniture. That was strange. At first there were some disappointments with the size of a few rooms but we're past that now. I guess that's to be expected especially when you have only seen what is on paper.

It’s our first real home and I just can’t wait to get in there.

Next is the roof. Apparently, that is to go on sometime around the 9th, 10th and 11th of January. I can’t wait!

Stay tuned...

No comments: