Thursday, August 07, 2008

Clever Sausage

I mentioned yesterday that Lily did a wee on the potty. How clever is she?! Too clever. Well, it just so happens that her cleverness doesn’t end there.

Drum roll please...*unsuccessfully trying to elicit words to describe a beating drum*

Lily did a poo in the potty before her bath this evening.

I told you she was a clever sausage. Mind you, in doing so, she completely freaked herself out. She really doesn’t like the feeling that excreting without a nappy produces but I’m sure with time that will pass (or at least, that's what I'm telling myself).

Bath time is still a rather painful exercise although we have managed to get the job done the last few nights. She likes to sit on the potty before the bath and read a story or two – she gets that from her father. If it helps, I say go for it.

We are not actively toilet training Lily at the moment although they do pop her on the potty at kindy a few times a day. She doesn’t really do anything but its all part of the learning process. Come summer we should well and truly be there with the big girl undies.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yay for Lily! I hope the phobia settles soon :(