Sunday, August 03, 2008

Daddy Day.

Trevor plays football (*cough cough* soccer) every Sunday at 9.30am. For the last few months he has been taking Byron along to watch. It’s kinda become a tradition if you will. Byron loves going along and would be devastated if he wasn’t allowed to go. We’ve gauged this by the ‘threatened’ ban when he’s misbehaving.

Today was an extra special day for football. Not only did Byron get to watch daddy play he also went along with Trevor to an A-League game to watch the Roar play.

Now we better clear something up…by watch we mean he watches for 5 minutes and plays for the reaming 85 minutes. He’s not quite up to the whole ‘you sit, watch, and cheer’ scenario yet. He does however bring his enthusiasm, little fold up chair and treats for the match but they, meaning the chair, don’t get much action after the first 5 minutes or when the treats are no more – which ever comes first. He ritually makes sure that Trevor has his ‘energy drink’ before the match though which has to count for something.

I guess this little tradition with Daddy is the start of many. I like this new phase in Byron’s little life. It’s new and refreshing.

I’m looking forward to bringing my chair and treats and watching him play someday soon – I can’t watch Trevor play because the only time I’ve been, his team lost and it was his fault! I’ve been banished!

Byronism…

Trevor advised me of a funny conversation that Byron had with a lady at football. It basically went something like this…

N - “Byron would you like me to put some sunscreen on?”
Byron - “No, I’m fine”

After five minutes elapsed…

N - “Byron would you like me to put some sunscreen on? Would your mum put sunscreen on you?”
Byron - “Yes”
N - “Would your dad get in trouble if you went home sunburnt?”
Byron - “Dad’s always in trouble!”

1 comment:

Rachael said...

The Byronism made my day and I had a true LOL moment!

Rach x