Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Mental Note...

Seek help for Lily’s bath phobia!

I tried to bath her tonight – in the bath – and it was disastrous. I’m surprised our new neighbours didn’t come over to see what the fuss was all about.

Lily was screaming, Byron was screaming, I was screaming. Trevor was yelling at Byron to stop screaming. Oh my. What a disaster. Sigh.

I honestly don’t know what to do. I put her on the potty for ages before I put her in the bath. She was fine until it came time to hop in.

I tried to reassure her that it’s all ok. Byron tried. Trevor tried but it didn’t do any good. The poor child is terrified and all over a stupid poo.

I’m afraid that the more I push it the worse it will get. Arrgghhh! I don’t know what to do.

I might ring the health nurse tomorrow. I don’t want her phobia to last a life time.

I guess it's back to the laundry tub tomorrow night.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi,
Just a lurker wanting to come out of the shadows to see if I can help...

I can imagine what a hard time this is for everyone! Does Byron still have baths? Could Lily watch him have a bath, or even hop in with him??

I remember reading about how Byron is showering by himself - if Lily is the only one bathing, maybe she feels left out....

Hope she settles back into the bathing routine soon!

MacPhee Family said...

Hey Nic, Ashlie was like this a few months back when Bronte did a poo in the bath. She was screaming blue murder too. The only way I could get her back in the bath was to get in with her for a week. After that she was still a little apprehensive at first but I just told her I couldn't get in with her cause I had to do washing or something (I just made up an excuse) and in a fortnight all was forgotten. Poor little thing, I hate seeing kids so petrified. Good luck and give her a big kiss from Aunty Jo xoxo

Nicole said...

Thanks Rachel and Jo. Byron was in the bath last night hugging her and telling her it was all right but alas it didn't work :(. I might try getting in with her tonight and see how that goes. Eeekkk! I hope it get's better soon.

MacPhee Family said...

Hey Nic, hows the bath routine going? Been thinking of you xoxox