Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Trevor

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Trevor,
Happy Birthday to you!!!!



So, it was Trevor’s birthday today. He’s 31. I can scarcely believe he’s that old. I mean where in the heck does time go? He doesn’t look a day over 28.

We didn’t do a lot today. It’s a work day, so there isn’t much option to do more then go to work. The kids however did enjoy giving him his gifts this morning. I was rather proud of my gift – I got him a ‘man bag’. Since he has started his new job he needs to carry ‘stuff’ (what ever that may be) with him on the bus and to date he has been using an old backpack. I thought it was time for a change and got him a JAG bag. I’m the best gift buyer if I do say so myself!

I remember one year Trevor balking at a terry towelling dressing gown (a nice one from David Jones) that I bought him for Christmas. He was so not impressed. That was about 5 years ago now and he practically wears the thing everyday…and he has since conceded it was a great gift (which I knew it was).

Enough about gifts and more about his birthday...we decided to take the kids out for dinner and head out as a family – just us and the kids. We have hardly ever done this. We stay well clear of restaurants these days. Lily is getting a little older now and she does love her food so we thought we would give it a go.

We ended up just going to an Irish pub – nothing fancy. It was the first time Lily had to sit and wait for her dinner to come. It went ok and for that I probably have to thank the KENO forms and the little pencils that were on the table. They were a great amuser for both Byron and Lily. Heck, we might even try going out to dinner again some time – dinner that doesn’t include IKEA or Sizzlers.

Anyway, happy birthday Trev. Looking forward to celebrating many more although the thought of that is scary…it means we are getting older. Eeeek!

Just some pics of the kids giving Daddy a birthday cuddle (and kiss)...



No comments: