Saturday, August 09, 2008

Lilyisms are born...

For those that have read my blog for a fair while would know about Byron and his incredible knack with communication. Ever since I can remember he has always been so eloquent with his words. Honestly, the kid was a freak and I seriously don’t mean that as an off the cuff statement - at barely two the child could carry out a conversation with adults and children alike.

I thought there would be no way my second child could communicate on the same level as Byron because honestly, he was not ‘normal’. Plus I had heard that second children tend to take longer to speak so I wasn’t expecting much from Lily.

She started off slowly. Sure she said words after 12 months but she didn’t really say much more – that was until now, or possibly early but the extent to which I never really noticed until today. It’s kinda sad really that I never noticed the level with which she spoke…I suppose I’ve just taken it for granted.

It’s honestly mind blowing! Lily’s communication skills truly rival those of Byron at the same age. 95% of the time she can express, quite coherently (for anyone not just mummy), exactly what she wants. She can carry on a little discussion with you. She can talk about what she sees; the things she likes, and the things she doesn’t. She can communicate on so many levels that it’s rather scary, especially considering she isn’t even two yet.

Byron, as big brother, has certainly rubbed some of his charm off onto Lily. For the most part I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he too doesn’t have an off switch and that often the only person who will listen when he speaks is Lily.

There are so many examples that I want to write about but honestly there is too much to write. I can’t keep up with her. She never shuts up. She’s constantly talking to herself and to anyone who will listen. She repeats almost everything you say to her in true ‘parrot like’ fashion. I do however have one example, which brings me to my very first Lilyism (how exciting!).

Lilyism

Lily in her current form was repeating anything and everything I was saying. I said “Lily you are such a parrot”. She responded, “I’m not a parrot, I’m a girl!”
I seriously haven’t laughed that hard in a long while.

2 comments:

MrsPfeiff said...

Hello Nic!

I have said it so many times today and yesterday, but she has blown me away with her communication and understanding. She is a smart little cookie, and you must be terribly proud.

She has made my sides ache with her hilarious remarks and I am sure it won't stop there. I am in absolute awe of her capabilities and amazing, beautiful, non-stop chatter.

What a doll!!

K xxx

Melza said...

How delicious!!!!