Monday, July 24, 2006

Beached Whale!

Today marks 33 weeks of pregnancy – and the day my hormones/emotions went skew if.

It all started about half an hour ago when I was relaxing in a nice warm bubble bath. I haven’t felt the best today...mainly fatigued and cumbersome. I thought I would get in the bath and relax for a bit and then Byron could join me after.

Well that’s what I thought until I asked him to get in and he responded with..."I can’t get in there isn’t enough room!".

He then asked me to get out. I promptly burst into tears...an uncontrollable sob. Poor Trevor thought I was laughing at first and Byron thought I was pretending. To the eyes of a child (lets face it anyone’s eyes), I must have looked like a beached whale. I sure felt like one.

Byron got in and proceeded to tell me everything was ok and that he was sorry, but still I sobbed. Trevor promptly grabbed my towel and helped me out (whilst I muttered that know one was to look at me!). After I got out I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and proceeded to burst into tears again. My face looked engorged, my upper arms definitely had a tuckshop feel to them and my feet were a little on the swollen side. Trevor was a little taken aback, seeing as I am normally one that has my emotions under control, and sat me on his knee. Of course, I had to get up...didn’t want to break his leg.

I hope today doesn’t mark the beginning of an emotional rollercoaster. I am hoping this was a one off. Although, I am confident it wasn’t and there will be more of this to come (I am a little sensitive about my weight - I am 500g from the 80kg mark!).

I think I might head off now...and wallow in my own self pity!

No comments: