Friday, July 14, 2006

Through the eyes of a child...

According to Byron, Lily is going to be born with:

  • Green hair (at first he said her hair will be "darkness" then he recanted to a specific colour)
  • Purple eyes
  • Brown lips
  • Yellow Belly
Oh and she will look like "Daddy"; quite hilarious !!!

I had this discussion with him in the bath (where many of the most memorable ones take place). I also asked him who he looks like. His response was "Daddy". Then when I asked him who I look like he said "Byron". I suggested that I might look like Nanna and Grandad and Daddy might look like Grandma and Poppy – you would have thought I said the funniest thing because he thought it was side-splitting and couldn’t stop laughing (do we really look that bad?? ).

I am pleased to advise that it appears Byron’s listening ears have returned (albeit a little jet lagged). My mother said he was a little cherub last night and my sister rang me up this evening just to tell me that she loves him so much and to inform me of all the cute stuff he said last night . I asked his kindy teachers how he was behaved today and they said he was pretty good; still talking in his loud voice but he wasn’t too bad. Pheww!!! I thought I was going to be dealing with a naughty child for a while. I don’t mind naughtiness in moderation but in my state nothing really seems in moderation!

No comments: