Sunday, July 09, 2006

Stress Head!

Trevor commented this weekend that I have been much more stressed (or as Trevor would say 'uptight') of late; that the little things seem to be getting to me. Like the RACQ incident with the tyre or the fact that my baby’s head appears to be growing at a rate which might make her impossible to birth naturally .

I am not normally one to get too frazzled. Don’t get me wrong, if the need is warranted, stress will arise. As a general rule though, the little things don’t get me going (OK I still think my baby’s head circumference is an exception (i.e. not a little thing), although Trevor says relax until I see the OB).

I just seem to be worrying more about things that really don’t need to be given a second thought. To pinpoint exactly what they all are is impossible, but lets face it Trevor is right (although I won’t tell him that). I have been feeling more uptight of late. I think it might have something to do with my ‘physical’ capabilities. The baby has been pressing on my sciatic nerve when I walk causing a shooting pain down my left side; I am finding turning over in bed at night a complete nightmare (due to my pelvic condition) and getting up and down is frustrating (again due to my pelvic condition). In all, my level of fitness is shot.

Generally, I guess I am feeling tired and somewhat guilty for feeling that way. I don’t work and 4 days out of the week Byron spends most of the day at kindy. Someone mentioned to me the other day the reason I might be feeling so tired this time around (compared to my pregnancy with Byron) is because I have Byron. The days when I do spend the majority of my time looking after him I am exhausted. I can’t begin to imagine how I would have coped if I had him everyday (for the record...I couldn’t have coped especially with the Hyperemesis).

I only have 2 months left in this pregnancy. I will make a conscious effort to not get so frazzled over the simple things (I just hope my body is a bit more accommodating).

Byronism of the day

Byron stayed at my sister’s place on Saturday night as Trevor and I had a birthday dinner we had to go to. Whilst going to my sister’s car Byron had a bit of a fall (this could have had something to do with his "My First Leappad" strapped to his back which is nearly as big as him and the fact he was wearing thongs). Anyway, my sister mentioned that he had some grazes on his foot and right in the middle of his forehead. Trevor was there and said the fall was nothing serious...nothing that a cuddle and kiss couldn't fix.

When I picked him up this afternoon he immediately leapt into the dramatisation of his little stack which included a dive head first into the grass accompanied by sound effects (whilst I type this I am in fits of laughter thinking about it! ). He is a really cheeky little monkey that I can’t help thinking is just growing up way to fast.

No comments: