Friday, July 07, 2006

What a day it has been...

When I got up this morning I was so looking forward to just resting at home. I have been physically struggling the last couple of days and so I was looking forward to the rest. Then I remembered that I had made plans to meet my friend L for lunch...

I was supposed to meet L for lunch at 1.00pm, so I got to the shops a little before then and was walking around waiting for 1.00pm to arrive. However at 1.00pm she SMSed me that she was running late and could she meet at 1.30pm; fine. Then 1.30pm turned into 2.30pm - her hairdressers fault!

I don’t get to see her often because she works way up North with her DH and 2 sons, so it was nice; despite the long wait to get started and to eat (by 2.15pm I was ravenous...since I don't really eat much early on in the day).

After we had finished and I said goodbye, I was getting in the car and whilst doing so failed to notice the very flat tyre on the front passenger side! So off I go on my merry way to pick up Byron when I notice that the steering doesn’t feel right and there is a funny noise, which sounds very much like a flat tyre . However, I can’t pull over as there is no where to pull over, so I have to drive to another car park 500 meters up the road. I get out and notice a very very flat tire. Great!!!!

There I was, parked in the car park, 7 months pregnant and needing to change a tyre so I call RACQ. They ask me for my registration details etc and I provide them. Then they tell me that my car (Ford) isn’t covered on my membership – our other car is (Pulsar). I explained the Pulsar is driven by my husband and is covered by his membership. It then occurs to me that we must be paying 2 separate memberships for the one car. They try to find Trevor's membership details but can’t!!! Then the guy says that he will add my car to my membership and charges me $90 (when what he should have done was just remove the Pulsar from my membership and add the Ford - I didn't know that at the time). I provided my credit card details; all I cared about was getting someone out to fix my tyre, so that I could go and pick up my son.

As I’m waiting, I am stewing (I mean stewing!) over the $90 and the fact that I have already paid for memberships on 2 cars and we only own 2 cars. After about 5 phone calls (to Trevor and RACQ) I managed to sort it out and they cancelled the payment on my card. Tell you what though; my mobile bill is going to be hefty this month .

Back to the tyre...the RACQ dude shows up (45 minutes later - I was a priority apparently given I'm pregnant) and starts to change my tyre. When he takes it off I nearly died ; it was bald right down to the canvas and metal. I knew I needed tyres but had absolutely no idea they were that bad. I can’t believe I have been driving around with bald tyres with my son in the car. It turns out the front drivers side is just as bad and the back tyres aren’t far behind. With all the bills I just paid, now we need 4 new tyres on top of that . Think priority - I'm just glad that my tyre didn’t blow out while I was driving.

Moving on from the tyres (sorry it just really stressed me out, more so then I normally get)...

The last couple of days, I have been struggling with a pinched nerve or something. Maybe the baby is just resting on my sciatic nerve; I can’t be sure. Whatever it is, it is causing me a lot of grief when I walk around. Admittedly, I have been a tad more ‘active’ the last few days (too much toy sale shopping!).

Relative to things that could go wrong; I guess my day hasn’t really been that bad. It’s just that things seem to be getting the better of me the last couple of days. I have been more emotional, stressed and physically tired; it must be the hormones!

No comments: