Monday, July 03, 2006

The countdown begins...

I have been busy the last couple of days. :wacko: More busy then I usually am. Lets face it, I don’t do much. I just sit around home waiting for 3.30pm so I can go and pick up Byron. I do some housework, hop on the computer and watch TV...but that’s about it :blush:.

I covered Friday in my last entry, so I guess that leaves the weekend and today...

Weekend

On Saturday (1 July, 2006) I had a friend’s wedding to go to (M & C). It’s just so hard to find something to wear to a wedding when:

1. It is the middle on winter; and
2. Your 7 months pregnant and feel like a blimp!

I decided you couldn’t go wrong with black pants (mmm...not a lot of choice available in my wardrobe – some how jeans or tracky pants just wouldn’t cut it). Black pants go with anything so I just picked my nicest maternity top and dressed things up (with earrings, black pashmina, nice shoes).

The wedding ceremony was lovely and the bride looked beautiful, as did the bridesmaids. It made me excited about my besty’s wedding in September and even more determined to get bubs out in plenty of time to enable me to at least enjoy myself. I.e. I don’t want to be leaking profusely at all ends or worst yet still be pregnant and therefore not fit the bridesmaid dress! :o

All in all the day was nice. It is always nice to catch up with and hang out with friends, especially those that you don’t often see (would have been nicer if I could drink – its not often the alcohol is free – no seriously, just being there was nice).


On Sunday (2 July, 2006), Trevor and I made the most of the sleep in (given Byron was staying at Grandma and Poppy’s place). We had some lunch and that was pretty much it. I potted around in the baby’s nursery for a while (its still not quite there yet) and then picked up Byron. It wouldn't be a normal day if he didn't come out with a Byronism worth recording...

Have you ever said to your child "don’t play with that it's not a toy?". Well I am sure somewhere along the way I might have mentioned that to Byron. I was getting him dressed after his bath and was putting on his nappy. To do this I had to lift his legs up as you do. Whilst lifting his legs, he said to me in a stern voice "don’t lift my legs, they’re not toys you know!". A 2 year old's thought process' - you gotta love it!

Today

Today marks my 30th week of pregnancy. Really there isn’t to much to report. Although, I am feeling somewhat larger by the week (but I’m sure I have mentioned this previously). I had an antenatal appointment today and here are the vital statistics:

• Weight 75kgs (I reckon the scales were wrong! They were different to the ones I normally use given I saw a different doctor as mine was on holidays. I would put my weight at approx 77kgs).
• Blood pressure was 120/70 (which is apparently good)
• Baby is lying head down (I hope she stays that way!)
• Baby’s heart rate was 140 beats per minute (same as usual)
• There was some slight oedema (swelling) noted in the feet and ankles.

This past week, I have been much more conscious of my physical limitations. I have difficulty getting up from awkward positions, trouble rolling over in bed and general shortness of breath when I do exertive activity (not a step glass – more like walking up 3 stairs!). I am definitely struggling physically much more then I did with Byron – someone mentioned that this could have something to do with Byron i.e. running after and entertaining a 2½ old. I think they could be right! I just hate to think of how hard it is going to be in 6/7 weeks time!

The countdown begins...

No comments: