Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Listening ears left the country AGAIN!

It appears Byron’s listening ears have gone further then I thought; maybe overseas for a holiday!!! He wasn’t the best behaved child at kindy today. Apparently he had his loud voice on; was interrupting other people when they were talking; and was just being a little disruptive.

I am a little bemused by his behaviour the last couple of days . I am trying to pinpoint what the problem might be. Of course, I have no idea . I was thinking, maybe he was a little bit spoilt with attention on the weekend, having spent most of it with his Aunty Natalie. Maybe, he is acting up because of the baby; she will be arriving in a little while and the scan last week might have reinforced that for him. What ever is causing his naughtiness, I just hope it is short lived.

I will be attending one of the PPP parenting courses (run by the Children’s Health Clinics) next week for 4 weeks running; it only took 4 months on the waiting list to get in. Hopefully that will provide me with some helpful advice. With any luck, I might not need to implement too much of what I learn at the course. I guess time will tell.

Moving on, I feel much better now that we have new tyres on the car – driving around with very worn tyres and no spare, was a tad scary. We originally were booked in on Saturday (I wasted no time after seeing what the flat tyre was like). However, we were advised that our car required special sized tyres and they did not have any in stock so we had to reschedule the appointment for today (the tyres had to be ordered in). $761.00 later (that’s $179 a tyre + wheel alignment!!!), I got in my car and drove off...I can’t tell you how much safer I felt with new treads under my belt !

Tomorrow I have my scheduled OB appointment at the hospital to discuss the issues that arose from the ultrasound last week. It will be reassuring to clear some things up.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: