Thursday, July 20, 2006

Birthday Plans...

I braved the Target toy sales today and got some great bargains for Byron (birthday and Christmas) and some things for the baby :rolleyes:. As expected though, you would have had to have been there right on opening if you wanted to get everything on your list – lucky that’s when I arrived!

I have given some thought to Byron’s birthday party this year. Originally, I wasn’t going to give him a party but thought it was a month where he really should have a day just for him, especially when the new baby arrives a few weeks before his birthday.

Having been to a McDonalds, Hungry Jacks and home party so far this year, I have decided on a Gymboree party; I certainly won’t be having a party at home, especially with a brand new baby. Not that I have anything against Hungry Jacks or McDonalds, its just that I want something easy and different, so Gymboree it is. The focus at the Gymboree party is more on play and activity then 'food' – which at his age is perfect, especially when they are not inclined to think party equals lollies and chocolate (although all those things will of course be included in the party bags).

This will be his first party where I will invite his kindy friends. He ran off a little list for me tonight, which was lovely. I was pleased to know that I got an invite as did "daddy".

In keeping with the discussion of birthdays, I asked Byron what he would like for his birthday this year and the only thing he wants is "a smartie cake" – cheap birthday that is!

No comments: