Sunday, July 16, 2006

Final Stage: Nursery Completed!

I started out with the intention of:

1.Going through all the baby’s clothes and sorting out what I had size wise;
2. Taking all the tags off the clothes, folding them nicely and placing them in the draw.

My objectives were not really to finish the nursery (i.e. place everything in order and remove all the junk, or the stuff that wasn’t meant to be in there); I really didn’t have the energy and thought the clothes will do fine – at least that was a start. Three hours later and to my surprise, it was all done!

Sorting through all the baby clothes was fun. If I hadn’t had the recent ultra sound, it would have been nearly impossible for me to take the tags off all the clothes. It’s so final to take them off. The reality sets in that another baby (a girl!) will be coming along so soon. I have decided that I won’t wash any of the clothes yet; I will do that closer to my due date when the bags need to be packed.

Some of the clothes I had for Byron were a little stained – they weren’t when I put them away after he was finished with them. Over time though, the acidic nature of baby spew etc has left some yellow stains. Hopefully, a little bit of bleach will remove the stains and they will be nice and white again. I didn’t keep a whole lot from Byron – mainly due to the fact he’s a boy (they might look a little funny on my baby girl!).

I realised that I have a nice amount of clothes for her; a mixture of 00000, 0000 and 000s. Byron fitted into 00000 and 0000 clothes for a good 5/6 weeks (I only had a couple of pieces which is the same this time) and then we moved on to the 000s. I like the clothes to fit my baby. That is, I don’t mind spending a few $$$ on smaller clothes if it means they are snug (albeit they don’t where them for long).

I must say that mum has contributed most to her wardrobe. She has got Lily a whole heap of stuff along the way...she just loves buying things and who am I to get in her way. I have purchased her a few designer labels (baby gap, baby guess, Ralph Lauren, Osh Kosh and Nike) from the USA (via eBay.com) at absolute bargain prices...if your reading, that’s the place to shop...these clothes are all authentic, brand new and cheaper then what I could get at Target!

There really isn’t anything that I ‘need’ now (f course there is always more stuff that I could buy). I have a few towels, enough blankets and wraps, toys and bits and pieces. It’s nice to know that there is nothing required. If I am able to breastfeed again (which is what I am hoping) then I will probably buy myself a new breast pump (but I won’t do that til after she is born).

On that note, here is her room...



No comments: