Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gyprock is in!

It’s pouring rain here today (surprise surprise – do I sound like a broken record already?). Just wanted to let you know in case you thought of taking a holiday in sunny Queensland!

However (and I say this with trepidation), for the first time in ages the rain has not slowed us down – stuff actually happened! Today the tradies were there (four of them apparently) and they put in 80% of the walls.

My house now has walls!!!

*Happy Dance*

How exciting, although, if truth be told, I’m going to miss watching Lily run through the walls and Byron hang from the frame. It was cute to watch!



This afternoon I walked through our house for the first time. I had walked around the house previously (before walls) but it wasn’t anything like it was today. Walking down hall ways and through doors…it really felt like a house; our house!

The biggest shock for me was the size of our main bedroom. I knew it was big and people kept telling me it was big but I never really got it until today. Today, I got just how big it was and boy was I excited! The ensuite took shape too and I love it! I can only dream about that spa.

Apparently, they will be back tomorrow morning to finish it all off. Next, the plasterers will be in to do their thing.

The whole house took shape today, and so quickly. It's amazing how quickly things can change. I wonder how many weeks to go…it’s starting to get scary and exciting (although there is just so much to do in the meantime buts that’s another entry).


Garage


The main living area (unfinished together with Lily's and spare room)


The media room


The kids' play room


Byron in his bedroom


Master bedroom


Master bedroom looking out from the ensuite


Looking from master bedroom to ensuite and walk-in robe


My spa (blissfully dreaming of when I can use it!)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks awesome Nicole!!! Yay for huge progress... like you said it's amazing how quickly it can change!

Kylie said...

Yay! Super exciting! It looks fabulous...can't wait to come and take a look around!

Melza said...

Cool - it looks gorgeous!!!
Mel x

Naomi V said...

Hi, my name is Naomi and I have been a member of EB since 2001. I obviously came across your blog on there. I love your pics and you seriously take very professional shots. What lens do you use mostly as your pics are amazing. I had to laugh at your profile as I am sure my husband is going to divorce me since taking up photography as a hobby.

My blog is http://vazzoslifeadventure.blogspot.com if you would like to check it out. I would like to add your blog to my often read blog lists so I can get some inspiration from your pics.

Do you mind if I ask how you went about setting up the backdrop and perspex. I am going to have a spare room made avaialble to me soon (we have an asian student staying with us) and would love to set something up but have no idea to start and I love the look of your pics using this.

Anyway, take care and look forward to seeing more of your pics.

Naomi