Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Week Was...

I thought I would report on the week that was with the house.

In short, it was a week of…well….ummm… nothing. Ok, technically it wasn’t ‘nothing’ but it was next to nothing.

Apart from putting in the kids’ bath, moving the man hole, and adding a few little bits here and there nothing else was done. This whole experience is so frustrating! Argh!!! I don’t know if it’s me just being impatient and unreasonable or whether I truly have legitimate gripes. It’s hard when you drive past a house that two weeks ago was right on par with yours, to find that it now has sarking and plastering complete - in two weeks, that house has rocketed ahead.

Don’t get me wrong, the work that has been done appears top notch but it’s just slow…damn slow. This is due for the most part with the constant rain we keep getting and getting and getting but I also think it’s because the builder perhaps has too many other houses on the go, which is, I guess what you get with big contract builders.

I have been advised by our supervisor that the electrical work and sarking (the foil on the outside between the bricks and the frame) will be done this week and that giprock and plastering will be started on Monday week. I have my doubts that come this time next week, all that will have been completed, is the electrical work.

You might have noted that this time last week we were basking in the sunniest of weather – I thought finally the rain had gone and summer had returned. Well, I lied or at least spoke to soon. Today it didn’t just rain, it poured! The worst part is that yet again the rain is supposed to stick around until Thursday next week! I can scarcely believe our luck with all this rain.

I have the perfect cure for the drought…just have me build a house!

Anyway, if this rain does stick around I highly doubt that the sarking will go up which means the plastering can’t get done and the round robin, catch 22 continues…

When will it end?!

Moving on…I don’t think I have revealed any of the inside of the house (which is hard when there are no walls) so here you go…


THE PLANS...

The house is approximately 29sq (in case you're wondering)


Looking out of the meals/family areas to the alfesco.


Looking at Bed 2, Bed 3 and Living rooms.


Looking at my ensuite (without the spa) and the walk in robe.


The kids bathroom complete with bath!

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Hey mate! I've been thinking of you all weekend with this blasted rain. I hope you see real progress this week, but it looks awesome so far! Talk soon. xxx

Andrea said...

It's looking so good, even if its happening at a snails pace! Won't be long (fingers crossed) and Lily and Byron will be running between those rooms and splashing in that (stunning and ultra lush!) bath!!