Thursday, February 28, 2008

One and a half already.


I warned you she was nearly there. I knew it was coming but still I can’t believe it. My toddler (there I said it again) is eighteen months old today. I can scarcely believe it has been one whole year plus half of another since she entered my world; a world that will never ever be the same without her in it.

Lily is ‘our’ world (along with Byron of course). She lights up ‘our’ life a million times a day.

Her persona is oh so cheeky.

Her nature is endearing.

Her voice is delightful.

Her smile is gorgeous.

Her eyes are enchanting.

Her skin is perfection.

Her hair is golden.

Her lips are so kissable.

Her bottom is eatable.

Her ‘tuddles’ are unsurpassed.

She is Lily, my daughter – my very own daughter!

According to Bryon, “she is my best friend” (melt my heart kinda stuff that is).

She is so much apart of this family it’s scary. Is it possible to love someone so much, as much as I love my Lily (and my Byron too)? I never knew my heart could feel as full as it does.

Eighteen months is such a delightful age. It is full of never ending discovery for her and for us. My Pilly Pie continues to astound us with her language skills. She is learning oh so much and at a rate of knots. Her new words include: door, monkey, car, truck, cup, water, chair, book, story, night night, please and my favourite ‘naughty Lily’. There are more words but my mind draws a blank (I should write them down as I hear her say them).

She loves to play with the ball outside, often standing there, at the door, ball in hand waiting to escape. I’m told (because we don’t do it at home) that she is at her happiest at kindy with a paint brush in her hand – perhaps an artist?

She loves her ‘blankie’ and dummy ever so much (I think that will be a painful separation for all). She loves her ‘bottle’ for bed which is full of toddler formula – we can not get this child to drink cows’ milk although she has it fine on her cereal in the morning. She loves shoes. She is at her happiest with shoes on her feet – it doesn’t matter whose they are.

Lily has a determined personality. If she wants it she will try her best to get it. She can chuck a great tantrum whilst lying face down on the floor. Her worst trait of late is clenching her fist as if to punch you when she doesn’t get her own way (and some times she tries…yes she IS capable of nastiness).

My favourite thing of all is when she stands at my legs, arms outstretched whilst saying ‘Tuddles. Tuddles’. It melts my heart (and her daddy’s) every time!



Lily is sugar and spice and all things nice – pure joy!

4 comments:

Melza said...

They are all growing up way too fast! She is just adorable! Well done Lily!

Mel xo

Blythe said...

Oh Nicole, she is divine!

Your post really hits home that my little girl will be 18 month soon too...

I have to know where you got Lilly's silver Jiffies from, they are the cutest cute cute shoes!

Blythe said...

I deliberated about that extra "l" in Lily, and I was wrong - sorry Nicole. xx

Nicole said...

Now worries mate...you can get the Jiffies at Target but I got mine at David Jones. They are just the sweetist little shoes. xx