Saturday, February 23, 2008

Summer Days

It was hot today. 36 degrees I’m led to believe. It’s about bloody time we had a hot day it being summer in Queensland and all (albeit the last week of summer). It seems like years since we have had any days like today. I had forgotten what it’s like to feel the heat. It felt good.

We did lots of summer things aside from just sitting in the air-conditioning. I filled up the kids wading pool and they had a blast playing in that for a while. Lily decided to mow the grass in the nude following which she tried to put the mower in the pool – I have pictures but she’s a nudey rudey so might leave those for her 21st.

This afternoon we took the kids and the wagon and headed out for some ice cream. In my hast to get out the door I forgot to bring a bib for Lily and some baby wipes! Kids, ice cream and summer don’t go to well together. Lucky for me Lily was in an ‘old’ dress (size 0). Their chocolate paddle pops went every where. Lily persisted in holding the ice cream itself and not the stick. Needless to say, that accompanied with the heat sent the ice-cream running everywhere.

I though Byron could handle the paddle pop a bit better then Lily but alas he was just as bad. He couldn’t lick it quickly enough.

Oh well…nothing the washing won’t fix. Guess I better go and put a load on *groan*.






3 comments:

MrsPfeiff said...

Nic, as I've said I absolutely adore this set. That wall - you MUST go back for more. Please!!

Absolute fav is the full body shot of Byron. I love the composition. But close second is the one of his big blue eyes with that background blue...

Love 'em!!

Karen xxx

Melza said...

Oh man, now I want a paddle pop!

Mel x

Kylie said...

These photos are stunning Nic. That background really brings out their eyes. I'd better get you around here quick smart, before you start charging $500 for a sitting! hehehe xxx