Monday, February 25, 2008

My Aspirations

If you hadn’t already noticed I love taking pictures at the moment. More so, I love taking pictures of other kids…it’s so much fun – a lot of work and effort; but fun all the same. I’m relishing all the practice I’m getting, because obviously, it goes without saying really the more practice I get the better I become.

I like to think I’m improving. I have only had my camera for around 7 weeks but I look back on photos I took at the beginning and think I have improved so much. I’m getting better. I’m learning new things everyday. Today I learned something in photoshop about colour profiles, how my photos appear on screen and on web (a little flat I have noticed on the web). That was a big discovery and a discovery that I’m glad I made now! There are discoveries every day. It really is an exciting journey.

I have been rather blasé about my goals and hopes for my photography. I do have hopes its just I’ve kept them rather close to my chest. If truth be told, I have decided that when the time is right, I would really like to start my own business. It’s funny really…starting one's on business is a scary proposition but yet it’s not one that I'm afraid of. I’m not afraid of failure. I’m not afraid that I won't have what it takes. It’s a journey I really want to take. In some ways, it’s a journey I have to take. Its an insticnt; a feeling...call it what you will. I *know* I will get there one day in the not to distant future!

So, there you have it…my hopes, dreams and aspirations out there for all to see.

Just for my dad (who think I post way to many photos)…here are some more from Miss E. She is such a stunning little toddler I just had to post some more.







3 comments:

Naomi V said...

Nicole, your photos are absolutely beautiful. They were great before but now are amazing! And I could have written the exact same entry that you wrote. I also look back on pics that i have taken even 4 weeks ago and think how much I have improved (well I hope so anyway).

What was it that you discovered about colour in photoshop / web etc???? sounds interesting. I have also been looking at all your pics on Flickr and they are soooo brilliant.

Well done and you go for the goal of setting up your own business because you will definately make it - your pics are AWESOME - totally inspired by you!
Na

Naomi V said...

Nicole do you mind if I ask what lens you use mostly??? I am looking at buying a new one (only got kit lens) and would like your opinion! Also definately going to get the understanding exposure book that you recommended to me.

Penelope said...

I just wanted to say I think your photos are absolutely beautiful.

You have a real talent!

Penny

(Just in case you don't know who this is I'm Xav-Frankie on EB!)