Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pondering ones luck...

I am home alone tonight; was last night and today, Trevor, being the Roar fanatic that he is, headed via bus with all the supporters in toe to watch the Roar play in Newcastle this afternoon. Well, they lost. Lucky he has 12 hours to ponder the loss on his trip home and lucky I will be at work when he returns.

Moving on…

Today I headed to a Christening and roped my sister into coming along for support - I was a little bit frightened at the prospect of managing the two kids in Church without an extra pair of hands. As it turns out the kids weren’t too bad at all and I could have managed on my own but never the less it was nice to have some company.

As always, when the opportunity arises, the camera was to hand. There was a beautiful tree outside the Church and I took the opportunity to snap a few shots around it.




These pictures of my children are tantamount to their relationship – they capture the beauty that is Bryon and Lily; brother and sister. Byron is an affectionate child – he loves Lily with all his heart and it shows. He has many terms of endearment for her including, darlin’, Lil and sweetie. He cares for her just so, and it is evident in the way he pats her hair affectionately as he walks past (often knocking out the clips in her hair – Argh!) or pulls her in for cuddles when he can or the way he helps her with her toys when she just can’t get it. He reads stories to her; protects her and generally watches out for her safety.

I love watching their relationship grow. It was the thing I most looked forward to seeing when I found out I was pregnant with number two. It is truly one of the greatest blessings in having more then one child – watching the way they interact with each other. Sure there are not so nice times like when Byron refuses to let her play with the ball SHE got for Christmas or when she wrecks some master piece he has made with the blocks. Overall though, there is far more affection then not – though for how long I don’t know.

I am truly lucky to have been blessed with the children I have…I truly am! I was pondering that as I processed the picture of Byron kissing Lily's head. I didn't need to ponder for long to realise just how lucky I am. I am the luckiest girl living!

For a laugh (because I know you all will)…here is an outtake of a picture of me trying to get a nice photo with the kids! As you can see, it just wasn’t happening. Oh well…one day!?

Why does my sister always get the good shots with the kids?! I must be doing something wrong.

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Your pics just keep getting better and better. These ones are priceless, and despite not getting the winning shot you were after, I love that shot of the three of you!!

Renee said...

Fantastic pictures! You have such a photogenic family :)

Kylie Jansen said...

Just gorgeous Nic, you have a true talent.

xxx