Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Puddle Fun!

Did I mention that we’ve had a lot of rain of late? I’m sure I did. To coincide with all this rain, on Sunday I purchased Lily her very first pair of gum boots. Hot pink ones – size 5! Lily is rather obsessive with shoes so I just knew she would love them. Trevor kindly advised me after the purchase that Lily is forever wearing gumboots at kindy when he picks her up – apparently she just loves them so.

*Sigh*

My boots weren't to be her first experience. Oh well, she still loved the ones I got her. As soon as I bought them home, Byron was running for his gumboots and wanted to get straight out in the rain. They strapped on their rain coats (that’s if you can call Lily’s size 00 rain jacket a rain coat), popped on their boots and out they went. With the golf umbrella in tow, Trevor and I followed.

Hearing Lily’s squeals of delight as she ran through the puddles was priceless (she hasn’t yet mastered the art of jumping, so she was happy with walking at a brisk pace). Her eyes sparkled with pure joy. Oh what it would be like to be a toddler again! To experience the splendid bliss of a rain puddle…






...and just because I think it's a cute capture of Lily with her daddy!


No comments: