Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's here!

How excited was I today when Trevor rang to tell me that my package had arrived? Let’s just say there was a tad too much clock watching, and possibly not enough work for the remainder of the day.

When I first put my lens on the camera I was a little shocked at how heavy the camera became (and I only have a small lens). I was also a little overcome with all the buttons. After Lily went to bed and Byron was left watching Scooby Doo I was lucky to have a little afternoon light remaining; just enough for me to go out for a little play. The subject matter outside wasn’t the greatest. Thankfully though, there were some flowers to shot and after that, Trevor and Byron became my lucky subjects.

Here are some of my fist *ever* manual photos taken on my first *ever* DSLR. I know I have a long way to go but you have to start somewhere and I'm willing to learn and that’s all that matters.

I'm just happy that using 'manual' settings wasn't a complete debacle.

*If you click on the photos you can see the big versions*


I have added a vintage affect to the photos of Trevor and Byron. I like how they turned out (they are better then the photos that came straight out of the camera - they were far to warm i.e a bit yellow. I will have to figure out how to fix that). Also the ones of Byron and Trevor are a little 'noisy' or grainy as a consequence of being taken inside at night with no flash.

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Congrats on your new "baby" mate!! For your first shots, I'm impressed! Those flower shots are crystal clear and I love the vintage effect on Trev & Byron! Can't wait to see what's next! xxx

MrsPfeiff said...

Wooo hoooooooooooo!!!! It's here!!!!

Away we go, let's get cracking. I'm so glad it arrived and your pics are great Nic.

*happy dance*

Karen xxx

Averil said...

Woo hoo Nic!!

I expect to see lotsa pretty pics now!

Someone needs to tell me how to do the vintage effect too please!!

xx Ave