Monday, January 07, 2008

Shopping for the perfect dress...

I met mum and my sister today for a spot of wedding dress shopping. They headed into the city which was good. It meant I could catch up with them on my lunch hour (or two he he he).

When I arrived my sister was dressed in the perfect dress complete with veil and all. She looked beautiful…just like a princess. The dress was perfect. One of those Cinderella gowns I so love. Honestly, you get married once. It’s the only time you ever really get to dress up and feel truly like Cinderella; a princess. I have never understood the girls that decide the slinky number is the way to go for their wedding dress. I guess it’s each to their own.

Like me, my sister loved the very first dress she ever tried on. She tried on a few more following but she always came back to the first one (once again like me). So, in less then an hour she managed to pick her dress, tiara and veil. Apparently (because I wasn't there as it was time to end my lovely lunch 'hour') she picked up her shoes too! Talk about a painless experience.

In addition to the bridal gown we also managed to pick out the bridesmaid dresses. They are divine. I love them. They are strapless kinda Audrey Hepburn inspired – tight bodice with a little puffy (but not 80’s puffy or anything) ¾ skirt with a layer of tulle showing at the bottom. They are elegant and match the wedding dress perfectly. I’m wearing the colour toffee and the other two bridesmaids’ are wearing a colour called rose.

I can’t wait to get dressed up with my hair and make-up done. I’m sure this will be one of my very last weddings for ages seeing as all my friends are married now.

Just under 7 months to go!

No comments: