Thursday, January 03, 2008

Queensland...what?!

Last time I looked I had a Queensland driver’s licence. I thought I lived in Queensland. You know, the Queensland that is beautiful one day and perfect the next. Sadly, I think I might be mistaken. Perhaps I don’t live in Queensland. Who knows where I am.

Or perhaps the rules have changed. Maybe Queensland got the slogan all wrong. That’s possible right?!

I usually love the rain. I relish it. There is nothing more exciting then sitting back on the lounge or better yet, in bed, listening to the rain. I enjoy it immensely. God knows we need it. However, when it rains on and off, everyday for over 2 weeks, the enjoyment subsides. When my kid can’t ride the bike he received for Christmas more then once; I can’t get my washing done; summer holidays are ruined, my fondness starts to wane.

I have felt sorry for all those tourists, who had their dreams of fun in the sun shattered. Those that saved and planned all year for their sunny Queensland holiday – a time to sit back and relax after a well earned break - only to be faced with closed beaches, cyclonic winds and endless rain.

What crap!

I had no holiday planned perse other then spending my 12 days off at home with my family, so I shouldn't complain. Usually Christmas in Queensland is sun, surf and fun. This Christmas has been far from that. There is hardly any sun, lots of rain and to top it off it's cool – too cold for swimming.

So, rain, rain go away and come again some other day!!

I suppose I better go and enjoy the rain while it lasts. Hmmm, I might curl up in bed and read my photography book or better yet get some Nintendo DS action (love my mind training games he he he).

No comments: