Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Niece

I don’t get to see her much which is the biggest shame around because she really is the sweetest little doll ever! My niece is just beautiful. She has these magical eyes that literally suck you right in. Plus she has the cutest little features on that adorable little face of hers.

My sister in law sent me a few pics today. Seeing the pictures got me thinking just how much I’m missing out on her life. She would hardly know who I am…I mean she knows I’m aunty Nic but that’s about it. She probably wouldn’t know me if she walked past me in the street. It’s been a while since I have seen her; Easter last year if my memory is correct. I hate that I can’t develop a relationship with her…a repour like my sister has with my kids. It just plain SUCKS my brother lives so far away (I suppose Sydney is a far cry from Hong Kong but sadly still 1000kms away). I hate that Byron doesn’t get to interact regularly with his little cousins. Apart from my brother’s children, there are no other cousins. That’s it until my sister has children – who knows when that will be.

I would love to see Byron and his cousins running around in the back yard and playing happily with each other.

*sigh*

On a happier note...isn't she just a princess!?...

1 comment:

MacPhee Family said...

She know's who you are babe. I make sure of it. We go through photo's all the time and she tells me that's Byron, Lily, Trever (well, rever)Aunty Nic, Anuty Nat, Ross, and Nanna but not Nanny from the farm that's Nanna from Brisbane. I totally agree that it sucks we don't get to see each other often, only once or twice a year. It's hard because Ashlie knows her other cousins so well and adores playing with them and having sleep overs and I would give anything for her to have that special relationship with her other cousins. I spend so much time with her going through photos of all you guys to make sure she knows she has a whole other family that love her. Well it wont be long until Easter when we come up so there will be plenty of smooches and cuddles for all. Love you xoxox