Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Super Hero!

This Australia day, we trotted off to a superhero birthday party for one of Byron’s little kindy friends who was turning four. Anyway, the kids were apparently supposed to dress up as a superhero and well, Byron and the birthday boy were the only ones to dress up which was a bit of shame – Geezers I don’t know about some parents – kids are kids for such a short time – if the invitation says dress up well in my opinion they should be dressed up! Anyway, I digress…Byron went along as superman and can I just say he was the cutest superman alive…so darn cute it was ridiculous.

Staking it out


Soaring through the sky...


...Coming in for the landing!

Byron isn’t a boy-ee boy if you get my drift. I mean he loves to play with trucks and stuff like that but he isn’t the typical rough and ready type boy (which is why I suspect the girls love him). He is sensitive – sensitive to people’s feelings and emotions. I don’t know if it was something about the costume or what, but he certainly was a typical boy today. Wresting…he and the little boys wouldn’t stop wrestling and jumping on each other; punching and well just being rough and ready. It was the first real time I have seen him act like a typical boy (and I’m kinda glad – I don’t want him to be too sensitive – the whole bully thing worries me but that’s a story for another time).

All in all (aside from worrying what injuries Byron might return home with) it was a great day…just hanging out with Trevor, Byron and Lily for the afternoon. It was a nice way to spend Australia Day.

3 comments:

Kylie Jansen said...

LOL Nic these are soo cute, I bet Byron loves them!

Andrea said...

Whilst your little man is very cute. I just wanted to say... I love your new profile pic you gorgeous thing!

Nicole said...

Your too kind Andee...too kind LOL. xxx