Saturday, January 19, 2008

Slowly but surely...

The weather has been *ok* these last few days and wait for it…they have ¾ finished the roof!

*sigh*

Don’t ask me why it’s only ¾ completed and not finished because I can’t give you an answer. The roof was ¾ finished on Thursday and today it is still only ¾ finished. That is a tad frustrating especially when the weather has been conducive to building. Anyway, so long as they finish it on Monday I'll be happy. So, no photos until it’s complete. I don’t want to spoil it!

In other exciting house news…guess what! We have bricks. They were delivered yesterday! Plus, we have plumbing. All the plumbing was hooked up reading to connect to the bath, taps and shower heads. It’s starting to move along albeit at a snails pace.


I spoke to the builder on Thursday and he has advised the windows will be delivered on Tuesday and the electrical will be done early next week too. The baths (including my spa) will be added to the bathroom and then, after all that, the bricking will be started. I’m a little worried about all the brick work because the weather over the last few months has been far from building friendly. I think we will need at least two weeks sunny weather to get it done but I’m afraid it will drag out for months. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Slowly but surely. Slowly but surely. That is what I keep telling myself.

When we were visiting the site yesterday, I took this sweet photo of Trevor picking up Lily to get her out of the sun shower (yes more rain!).


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Nothing beats a father's love ~ such a sweet picture.

Progress... slowly you have progress - bricking is exciting!! hope it doesn't drag out for you!

jessaeve said...

Hi Nic,
Great to read your diary. i wondered where all the babydreamers went!!!
your pics are fantastic! well done chook!
oh its hayleybear too just so you know lol.
anyway ill add you to my favourites in my blog...
jess