Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Jasper Roof

Well the roof is on; it’s finally finished. My beautiful roof is complete!

*sigh*

I’m sure I have mentioned it previously, but if you didn’t already know, our roof is a colorbond roof called Jasper. Apparently, it is touched by the colours of the earth, stone, shale and the deepest hues of the eucalypt. In other words, it’s from the brown family.

As soon as I saw the colour I knew that was for us. Aside from black, there was really no other colour I (opps *we*) liked. I quite like the earthy natural tones as does Trevor so we both agreed on Jasper. All we need to do now is pick the colour of the house – the paint for the rendered finish. Some how I think that's going to be much harder then the roof it self - it could make or break the house. Oh the pressure!

*sigh*

Front of the house


Alfresco side of house

Not so interesting - close to fence side of house

P.S I promise...no more diary entries for today!

3 comments:

MacPhee Family said...

Woooooo Hooooo!!! If things keep moving you never know it could be ready for your 30th!

Andrea said...

Looks awesome chickee!!
Can't wait to see the next stage ~ good luck with the colour choices for the rest of the house ~ before we built I never knew there were so many colours and that one tiny drop of extra cream or brownin a paint could completely change the look ~ it's fun though!

Unknown said...

You have a good sense of taste my friend. Earthy and natural tones are always the best choice when it comes to picking the right roof color for your house. One of its many advantages is that it can go well with any color you choose for the walls of your home. They also enhance elegance, and they make sure that they’ll maintain the neat look of your exterior.

Leif Clancy