Monday, March 10, 2008

Enrolment

My little guy is officially enrolled in big school according to the email I received this morning…

"Thank you Nicole,

Byron is in the system for 2009.

C. B.
Deputy Principal.
R... State School"


As I sit here, I wonder how he'll look in his tiny school uniform; I envisage a uniform far too big - that will hang off his little arms and legs. The hat, with its big broad brim will drown his little head. His school bag, double his weight, will look awkwardly 'wrong' on his tiny frame.

Sigh.

He's going to be a big boy soon. He said to me, “when I get big I will still give you cuddles like daddy” and promptly walked over to me for a cuddle. He is truly the sweetest kid around town and growing up before my eyes.

10 months and counting down.

4 comments:

Kylie Jansen said...

It has gone so fast hasn't it :(

I remember when I first 'met' you and used to LOVE the photo of little Byron with his fingers on his cheeks? I think that's what it was. He was soooo little, now look at him.

Naomi V said...

Hi Nic, am going to forest lake club but really want to go to the brisbanr camera group.

If u dont mind me asking what area are u located in brisbane - are u near me and are you coming to do trash the dress. i hope so would
LOVE to meet you.

MrsPfeiff said...

OMG I can't believe he's starting school. As I said to you recently, I still think of him in that beautiful photo as I tiny little boy with a beautiful grin.

It truly spins me out that he’s going to be such a big boy. Nic, you must have had such a huge mix of emotions when you read that email!!

K xxx

Chenoa Goedhart said...

Hi Nicole!

Just thought I come on and say how beautiful your photography is! Absolutely stunning! You have two adorable subjects though so that's got to help. :)

I come on here for a peek every once in a while...had to laugh when I saw a post about your new house having a 'Jasper' coloured roof! lol

Awwww, I will cry when Jasper goes to school! Such a big milestone!

xxx