Thursday, March 06, 2008

More house stuff

Trevor has been doing his daily duty of attending to the house to monitor progress. He has been taking photos (albeit absolutely shocking ones at that – he certainly won’t be any right hand man of mine should I start a photography business).

Anyway, there have been workers there everyday this week. Like I have noted previously, the doors are in and the skirting has been done. The vanities are now in. Plus we have eaves on the outside. It’s really starting to look like a house…

(laundry tub)


(ensuite vanity)


(kids' bathroom vanity)

(outside eaves)

…a house that needs a kitchen.

Don’t talk to me about the kitchen!!!!

We are having big problems with trying to get the money out of our financier to pay for it. I sent the invoice for payment two weeks ago and the money hasn’t been released. You see, it’s not directly payable to the builder because they are not putting the kitchen in. It’s one of our ‘extras’ in the building contract. So, whilst accounted for in the contract with money allocated in the construction loan, the financier *apparently* needs to seek permission from our building company to release the funds (i.e making sure that once payment is made for the kitchen there will still be enough left to cover the builder’s costs). I have this dreaded fear that they will say, ‘nope sorry, you can have the money after hand over’. Ummm, if that’s the case, how am I meant to pay for the kitchen?! Our supervisor has already said that he won’t order the tiler until the kitchen is in and well, we can’t get the kitchen until it’s paid for. All I can see ahead is dramas. I am just so TOTALLY over this whole process.

I’m over phone calls. I’m over emails. I’m over it all. I just want to get in the house and never have to think about quotes, labourers or anything building and house related for a very long time!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Mate I feel your frustration. I hope tomorrow brings some action, as it's gone way beyond a joke. xxx

MrsPfeiff said...

OMG mate, what a debacle!! On a positive note I absolutely LOVE your ensuite basins. I love what you're doing with the place. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes one day!!

Keep focused on the bigger picture - you're going to have an amazing house when it's done...

Love ya xxx

Melza said...

I too love your vanity!! Not long now and it will all seem like a distant memory LOL

Mel xx