Thursday, March 20, 2008

Family reunion

My brother and his family arrived this afternoon for an Easter visit. I was so excited to finally meet my number two niece Bronte, and catch up again with number one niece Ashlie. As soon as I got home from work, I packed the kids up and rushed over to my sister’s place to see them. I mean, it’s not everyday I get to see my brother and his family. It was like a big ol’ family reunion…so much fun!

Bronte is around 13 weeks old and a cutie pie at that (Ashlie is just gorgeous but I’ll save her for another entry). She is so little – although not newborn like. She is tiny yet chubby if that’s possible. She has hardly any hair, cherub like features and a beautiful smile. She is the happiest little thing…smiling away.

Lily was a little unsure of me holding Bronte. She was trying to climb all over me when I was holding her – she must have thought ‘hang on I’m the baby…what the hell are you doing holding her’. She warmed up to her in the end and was very gentle giving her lots of cuddles and kisses. It was weird holding another bub and Lily at the same time. I couldn’t imagine having two that close together (15 months). I know people who do and I take my hat off to them – it would be such hard work.

I’m really looking forward to an Easter catching up with family.


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh isn't she beautiful ~ what a little cutie.

Kylie said...

A little cherub! She will be just like her big sister!

Jessika said...

nic your photos are devine! well done,
love
jess