Monday, March 03, 2008

My locked up house (and poor roof)!

I wasn’t expecting to see a few things at the house when I popped down this weekend.

First and foremost I wasn’t expecting the lovely little surprise of...wait for it…

DAMAGE TO MY ROOF!!


I could scarcely lift my jaw of the car floor as I drove by and saw the damage. Seriously, how does damage like that occur when there are no trees, proximal buildings or something similar? I could see the lot was cleared so I figured it must have been something to do with that. If it wasn’t a Sunday, I would have called the builder ASAP…when I did call him today he was really good about it. He went around and checked it out, took photos and organised for it to be fixed pronto.

I knew it would be fixed but it just kinda takes away from my *soon to be* completed house *sigh*.

Secondly, and to my delight…I noticed my house had a garage door! How exciting. Although, that only meant one thing…it was locked up. Alas, there was no more coming and going as one pleased *sigh*. I suppose that’s a good thing. It means things are moving along.

(The garage door is the same colour as the roof - Jasper)


(Gotta love the electric garage door!)

Speaking of moving along, they have started to install all the door jams and doors in today. Tomorrow they will apparently finish that off and also start the eaves outside. I still can’t get an answer as to when they might actually be close to finishing. I do know that our damn kitchen is holding things up. I am having such a hard time getting an answer from the financier as to whether it has been paid for. Grrrr!!!!

As each week ticks by it is one week closer to hand over. I so can’t wait!

2 comments:

Tiffany Larsen said...

It’s been four years since you’ve had this problem, so I assume that this problem has already been long resolved. But, let us go back to this scenario for a bit. From that angle, the damage only looks minor. But roof damages can be deceptive, so I hoped you took a careful look at it. What I want to know is the reason how your roof got damaged. Were you able to find out why?

Tiffany Larsen

Chantay said...

You have a point there, Tiffany. At first, you would think that there’s no major damage there, but it would turn out otherwise. The best thing to do is keep an eye on your new roof. That way, you will know for sure if you need some roof repair or replacement.

Chantay Smithingell