Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fun at Dreamworld!

Today was the first time, in a long long time, since we actually did something as a big family – the whole family on an outing! Trevor, me and the kids, plus my brother, his wife and kids, my sister and her soon be husband, and not to mention mum all headed out for the day at Dreamworld.

It had been ages since I had been there – I think Byron was just shy of two the last time I went.

The weather was a bit hit and miss early on with a few sun showers but then it fined up for a good day.

The kids, including Lily went on lots of rides and had a great time. Aside from the real ‘kiddie’ rides Byron and Ashlie ventured on the dodgem cars, log ride and rapids too. Byron took it one step further and went on the new motor cycle rollercoaster ride. He just scrapes in at 110cm which therefore entitles him to bigger kid status. I’ll be honest, I was really nervous when we got closer to embarking onto the ride; nervous that maybe although he was a 110cms tall he wasn’t quite ready for rides such as these. I mean, let’s face it, it was a roller coaster and all – goes pretty fast! How wrong was I?! He came off the ride begging to go on again…clapping his hands and chanting how awesome and cool it was….boys!

The log ride, an old favourite, was another we ventured onto. Ashlie loved it – you couldn’t wipe the smile of her face. Byron on the other hand…burst into tears at the end in disgust at how wet he was (here I was thinking it was a light load in front so we wouldn’t get as wet – wrong!). He said, and I quote, “I am never, ever going on that ride again!”.

Mum played babysitter to 4 kids while all of us ‘big kids’ went on as many rides as we could, pending time of course. That’s the thing about theme parks – they’re great and all but jeepers it can take some time getting on the rides. Before we knew it, it was five o’clock and time to go home.

A great day though…

Here are some happy snaps from the day - not just taken by me (yippee, I'm in some!)



(As you can see from Byron's face, he wasn't happy with all that water)



(Note the concentration on Byron's face as he tries his little heart out to turn the tea cups)


(Byron with his Uncle Ross on the merry-go-round)



(Hmmm...somehow I don't think Lily and surfing go hand in hand)

(Little Ashlie with Wags the dog. Byron wouldn't go near him. He was too sared, and that was after he just concurred the motor cycle roller coaster - go figure!)

(Just because it's cute...)

1 comment:

Melza said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Glad to actually see some photos of you for a change LOL

Mel xo