Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise

I popped down to the house this afternoon to show my brother. I got the biggest surprise of my life when I drove past to see that it had been rendered. I had only been to the house the Tuesday before and nothing had been done, so given Friday was a holiday I didn’t think anything would be done in the meantime. It was a pleasant surprise.

The rendering looks blooming fantastic – way better then I thought it would look. It has been rendered with a light colour which has sealed the deal as to the colour paint we should choose – YES we haven’t yet picked the colour of the house!!!

Also, we were *lucky* that the bathroom window hadn’t been locked properly so my brother got to see inside. It was great for me too because I hadn’t been able to see inside since it went to lock up. The waterproofing had been done on the showers and also the tiles were in the garage all ready. My sister has scared the bejesus out of me because she doesn’t think the ensuite floor tiles match the wall tiles. Great! I went with the wall tiles that mum and Trevor liked even though I preferred something else. Man, they better match or I will have to pull them down or paint over them. I could never live with miss-matching tiles. Lets just hope my sister doesn’t know what she's talking about because if I recall correctly, they matched when we picked them out.

One last thing...we also have solar panels now! Woohoo!

Hmmm...I wonder how many weeks to go now?

(excuse the cuttering in front of the door)

(Alfresco area)

(Solar panels above the alfresco)

(Kid's bathroom shower)

(Main ensuite shower)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Nic,

How exciting, it wont be long before you are living in your gorgeous new home! The Render looks GREAT!

Rach x

Kylie said...

Looking fantastic Nic! Can't wait to come and see for myself!