Wednesday, May 10, 2006

22 weeks pregnant

This week marks the 22nd week of pregnancy for me.


I just hopped on the scales...I weigh 73kgs!!! That is nearly what I weighed when Byron was born. It is a little disheartening but I guess that’s what you get when your starting weight is nearly 5kgs more then it was in your previous pregnancy.

A consolation is that I still fit into most of my clothes – that mainly being jeans (ohh and Pyjamas and trackies). They are starting to feel a little uncomfortable when I sit, but on the whole they are ok. I did recently purchase some Guess maternity jeans which I wore for the first time the other night. They are more comfy and don’t look like maternity jeans which is good. Maternity tops look a bit ridiculous when I put them on...they are just to big.

I can’t imagine my fashion disasters though if I was working. This pregnancy, much like my previous, has meant that I can’t work. The up side of not working is not having to worry about buying new ‘work clothes’. Being a ‘professional’, that could get quite expensive.

At this stage of pregnancy I still wake up thinking "how do I feel today?". Most often it is the same; I feel like crap, have a vomit (sorry TMI) and then decide how I feel after that. Some days I eat breakfast straight away and then manage my way through the day – but sometimes not. Other times I know I need to take that ‘little pill’ that will make the day a whole lot better. Thankfully I don’t need the Zofran everyday. It is an expensive exercise at $11 per tablet. I can’t really complain seeing as things are 100% on what they were at the beginning...I only wish I had the Zofran during the first 10 weeks (and also in my pregnancy with Byron).

I am trying to do a whole lot more around the house now. Today I managed 4 loads of washing, and a bit of cleaning. I find myself in a rut often just lying around on the lounge watching TV. I have to force myself to do things. Trevor wants me to do more on my ‘good days’ which is completely understandable. He does a lot around the house. For example he:

1. Gets up with Byron, which is usually around 5.30 – 6.00am (everyday).
2. Packs Byron up ready for kindy (on the days he goes to kindy), which includes making his lunch, getting his breakfast, getting him dressed and all that goes with it.
3. Goes to work.
4. Washes up the dishes and cleans the kitchen (everyday).
5. Does the ironing.
6. General tidying up.

As you can see he does quite a lot compared to my mundane effort of:

1. Sleeping in almost everyday...OK lets not lie...sleeping in everyday.
2. Performing odd jobs around the house (not near what should be done – the house could be 100% cleaner).
3. Picking Byron up from kindy.
4. Going to the shops and making dinner (most days).
5. Getting Byron ready for bed, including bath, teeth etc (although Trev does help sometimes).

OK I think that’s enough about that!!!

What else is worth mentioning in my 22nd week? The baby is moving a lot more now which is nice. I have a little bit of heartburn but nothing worth complaining about. The nursery is coming along nicely, although not quite finished yet – just waiting for Trevor to put up the border. Byron says my "tummy is getting big and big and big" and "the baby is all the way in there (pushing/poking really hard on my tummy)", which is so cute.

Mmmm...I guess that is about it for now.

Til next time...

No comments: