Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Winter is here...

Last night Byron stayed at my mother’s place (Nanna) while I had that "oh so enjoyable" night out for my birthday (that’s not a story for today though).

Did I feel guilty or what...I only packed these light PJs for him because it really hadn’t been that cold of late. After he had gone to mums I realised how cold it was going to be and made sure that she put lots of blankets on him so he would be nice and warm.

When I woke up this morning, it was freezing...Oh no; the clothes I packed for Byron to wear to kindy were not exactly the warmest. It wasn’t even a track suit, albeit they were long pants and a shirt. When I spoke to mum this morning she said that she was a little worried about how cold he might be. Hopefully he would do plenty of running around and warm up really quick.

When I picked him up today, he had these gorgeous rosy red checks . Unfortunately, my little man suffers from wind burn quite easily and tends to lick his lips as well. We pack a tub of Vaseline in his bag to prevent such a thing but of course it wasn’t in there today. Byron was prompt to add (in a serious tone) "daddy forgot to pack my Vaseline in my bag" (LOL it was I that took it out of the bag on the weekend).

I am not a big fan of winter; especially with kids. The runny noses seem to never end and nor does the washing! It’s so cold when you have to bath them and when they get up in the morning. Of course, they don’t notice. Although, Bryon did comment that he was ‘chilly’ when I was giving him his bath tonight.

I rugged him up nice and warm for bed tonight in his only all-in-one!! He is a big boy now and has to wear proper PJs but they just aren’t as cozy as those all-in-ones, especially for little boys that still kick their sheets and blankets off. Oh well, guess that is part and parcel of them growing up – freezing in winter.

No comments: